Organic Chemist - Drug Discovery
Location : Princeton NJ US 08540
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19294-AB1
Compensation : 85000.00 - 105000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : MS Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Biotechnology
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Organic Chemist or Medicinal Chemist to support drug discovery research.
- This is a growth opportunity at an expanding Central NJ biotech company well funded by a large cap overseas pharmaceutical company.
- Conduct efficient synthesis, purification and characterization of small molecules.
- Explore synthetic routes, and troubleshoot reactions and multistep reaction sequences.
- Prepare reports and deliver internal presentations to the team and management.
- Ensure laboratory equipment is properly maintained and operated.
Required Qualifications :
- MS or PhD in Chemistry, preferably Organic or Medicinal Chemistry.
- Minimum 3 years experience in drug discovery for pharmaceutical or biotech companies.
- Experience with organic chemistry and reaction mechanisms.
- Experience with HPLC, MS, NMR, Combiflash, and other synthesis, purification and analytical characterization techniques.
- Proficient in Scifinder, Reaxys, or other databases to search scientific literature.
- Ability to work in a diverse team setting and collaborate effectively on complex projects.
- Technical proficiency, ability to learn new techniques quickly, effective problem solving, and critical and quantitative thinking skills required.
Contact: Allan Berman