Packaging Engineer - Pharmaceutical R&D
Location : Morris Plains NJ US 07950
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 19048-AS
Compensation : open - 45-62/h
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 6
Required Education : BS Packaging Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract to position for a Packaging Engineer to manage assigned Packaging Development Projects.
- Support identification of packaging Development strategy for assigned NPD projects.
- Support, develop and communicate timelines and cost for assigned projects.
- Coordinate and assist in the execution of laboratory development activities.
- Provide oversight of junior level Packaging Development colleagues to execute experimental plans and batch packaging/manufacturing.
- Coordinate external development activities (as required) by providing technical leadership and accountability for delivering timing commitments.
- Lead development and/or author of technical documentation to support launch and regulatory approval of projects (i.e. Development Plans, Development Reports and Technical Regulatory Documentation).
- Act as technical expert for packaging technology by providing sound technical expertise to Innovation Team, Category Leads, Technical Sub-teams and Category Technical Leads.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Packaging Engineering or equivalent, MS or PhD preferred.
- Minimum 6 years packaging development experience for semi-solids and liquids packaging materials.
- Strong track record leading packaging design and innovation activities.
- Ability to balance innovation, cost and manufacturability of new packages.
- Team player that builds strong relationships and can manage teams without direct authority.
- Working knowledge of solid, semi-solid and liquid packaging structures and equipment.
- Experience generating packaging specifications and packaging batch records.
- Working knowledge of packaging unit operations and machinery at pilot and commercial.
Contact: Alex Salewycz