Location : Vineland NJ US 08360
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19468-AS1
Compensation : 80000.00 - 95000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Packaging Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Packaging Engineer for new product development, responsible for developing cost effective packaging solutions for new and existing products.
- Working with suppliers and the production team for packing efficiency.
- Designs and develops cost effective product packaging.
- Plans and directs activities concerned with design and development of packaging. Including, creating die-lines, and fabricating packaging mock-ups on a CAD Table.
- Develops or directs development of sketches, specifications, samples, and written analyses of proposed packaging in order to present design for approval.
- Ensures packaging meets customer requirements; including functional and aesthetic requirements.
- Have an understanding of, or acquire, knowledge of packaging suppliers' manufacturing processes.
- Manages cost negotiations, contractual agreements, packaging quality and ongoing supplier performance. Establishes supplier quality standards and supports supplier audits as needed.
- Develops and executes test methods, validations, and protocols for packaging related developments and projects.
- Establishes supplier quality standards and supports supplier audits as needed.
- Creates packaging related SOP's and Work Instructions. Provides training for appropriate personnel performing packaging activities.
- Standardize new and existing packaging in order to reduce cost and inventory.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Packaging Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years work experience as a Packaging Designer with an emphasis on packaging innovation in the consumer goods industry.
- Experience and knowledge of flexo and litho printing process, substrates required for cartons and internal protective structures.
- Knowledge of ArtiosCAD.
Contact: Alex Salewycz