Principal Civil Engineer - Infrastructure
Location : New York NY US 10001
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 18946-DE
Compensation : 130000.00 - 135000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Civil Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Principal Civil Engineer responsible for supervising staff in the preparation and delivery of the Engineering Department's workload in support of capital projects.
- Experience with civil infrastructure (rail, pavements, utilities, and storm water management), including knowledge of AREMA, AASHTO required.
- Develop recommendations to departments and facilities related to civil infrastructure.
- Review of the annual Pavement Management Condition Reports as well as visual field inspections to formulate and update the seven-year paving major works program.
- Delegate responsibility to professional technical staff (up to 10 direct reports) in design approach, including engineering analysis, and delivery of work products in accordance with the Engineering Department's Quality Control Program and the agency's project delivery process.
- Evaluate and provide objective employee performance feedback.
- Perform site inspections of civil aviation infrastructure.
- Perform Quality Assurance / Quality Control checking of conceptual and engineering studies, designs and contract documents completed by technical staff.
- Manage resource requirements (i.e. decide whether task/project assignments are performed in-house staff or via use of call-in consultants) for present and planned workload.
- Review and audit consultant proposals and engineering reports, studies and contract documents for aviation construction projects.
- Assist the Chief Civil Engineer's office with tasks related to administrative activities and requests.
Required Qualifications :
- BS / MS Civil Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of New York or State of New Jersey.
- Experience supervising professional technical staff engaged in all phases of civil engineering design, including staff training and implementing staff motivation.
- Minimum of 10 years professional engineering experience in design and maintenance/rehabilitation strategies for civil infrastructure (rail, pavements, utilities, geometrical design, and storm water management).
- Experience should encompass small to complex civil infrastructure design projects.
- Ability to demonstrate strong conceptualization, problem solving, and decision-making skills from experience in directing, and managing both routine and complex aviation programs and projects.
- Knowledge of Civil 3D design software and of AREMA and AASHTO.
Contact: Darren Elg