Principal Instrumentation Engineer
Location : Warren NJ US 07059
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 19438-JF1
Compensation : open - 50-60/h
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 15
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract position for a Principal Instrumentation Engineer to ensure that safety is priority one in all aspects of the execution of the project.
- Provides direct support and input to the projects group for capital projects and proposals.
- Supports others as needed in the day to day electrical requirements for the Supply organizations.
- The instrumentation and controls engineer is accountable for instrument specification, control system design.
- The instrumentation and controls engineer will take an active role in P&ID review meetings, instrument specification and control system design and review.
- Review and confirm code basis for each project.
- Collaborate with other project team members to comply with project requirements and meet project schedules.
- Review and approve fabricator and external design drawings, documentation and fabrication sequence Generate instrumentation specifications.
- Responsible for PLC control panel specification and design.
- Responsible for skid electrical and instrument installation specification and design
- Monitor status and ensure delivery of project deliverables within budgeted cost and schedule Control system Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT)
- Detail hardware required for plant control systems including PLC hardware, PCS-7 hardware
- Develop the scope of work using P&ID's, specifications, and project requirements to specify and complete instrument and control systems
- Adhere to plant and electrical design standards Implements instrument detail design on P&ID's. Prepares instrument data sheets and loop diagrams. Prepares instrument material take-off.
- Support proposal and re-life activities by providing comprehensive instrumentation scope, budget and execution strategy.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 15 years experience (at least ten years in in an operations environment) in industrial instrumentation, with additional experience with electrical and controls equipment/ processes.
- Strong technical background and troubleshooting experience on instrumentation equipment, electrical circuits and wiring, and controls hardware.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of different and diverse instrumentation and controls technologies.
- A broad knowledge in Instrument and Controls Engineering practices and procedures Experience with PLC or DCS control systems.
- Experience in basic programming.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time.
- Experience in or working knowledge of control theory.
- Ability to travel up to 25% annually.
Contact: John Forsatz