Principal Machinery Engineer
Location : Warren NJ US 07059
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 19439-JF1
Compensation : open - 45-55/h
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract position for a Principal Machinery Engineer responsible for execution and support of rotating machinery and auxiliary systems (lube oil systems, heat exchangers, filtration equipment, silencers, etc.).
- Air, nitrogen oxygen, Natural Gas and Hydrogen are most typical compression services.
- Responsibilities with other equipment includes pumping services with cryogenic liquids and high pressure Boiler Feed Water.
- Communicate and support other project engineers & managers / owner's engineers and suppliers on a global basis in the specifics of machinery project execution.
- Ability to select and specify mechanical equipment.
- Provide detailed drawing review and feedback to equipment OEM's.
- Critical supplier design audits of major machinery to develop a full understanding of risks associated with machinery designs.
- Ability to follow project from specification process, through design and manufacture, construction and installation, commissioning, and resolution of field issues
- Develop, plan, and implement QA/ QC plans related to testing of machinery.
- Ability to bring knowledge and experience from plant operating environment to improve best practices.
- Support company with significant operational issues of equipment and provide expert assistance in plant commissioning and troubleshooting.
- Support business unit on emergent rotating equipment issues and catastrophic failures. Sufficient experience is necessary to work independently without support of OEM's.
- Support and execute projects in multiple geographies as the business requires.
- Oversee the numerous contract machinery engineering resources to support our various projects.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- SME in large compression equipment and power drive systems.
- Understanding of thermodynamics, aerodynamics, heat transfer, machine design, vibration analysis, machine dynamics, and manufacturing methods.
- Experience and technical knowledge with design and operation of, gear boxes, auxiliary systems, pumps (including cryogenic), cryogenic expansion turbines, reciprocating compressors, dry gas seal systems.
- Detailed understanding of machinery controls and protection systems.
- Direct experience with large centrifugal compressors and compressor trains (integrally geared, in-line and axial) up to 50MW.
- Extensive experience in plant machinery commissioning and testing.
- Knowledge of machinery design issues that are critical to the success of ASU/ HYCO & CO2 tonnage plants.
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in Rotating Machinery Engineering/ Troubleshooting.
- Minimum 5 years experience process plant design / E&C experience.
- Must be willing to travel extensively (50-60% of time) or as business requires.
Contact: John Forsatz