Product Safety Engineer - Electronics
Location : Norwalk CT US 06851
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 18882-BZ-2
Compensation : 120000.00 - 140000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 8
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Product Safety Engineer primarily responsible to ensure lean process development resulting in a high level of parts quality from suppliers.
- Conduct reviews to evaluate product safety.
- Support product management in customer interaction regarding Product Safety.
- Isolate potential safety hazards.
- Review safety procedures when handling product.
- Anticipate, recognize, and evaluate safety hazards.
- Achieve safety compliance across multiple product lines and programs.
- Determine regulatory/certification/compliance issues and/or identify foreseeable misuses.
- Review and approve or modify changes to products.
- Conduct root cause analysis and implement due diligence actions to resolve customer issues.
- Maintain proficiency of worldwide safety regulations through research, development of network, and
- on-going education.
- Reduce liability concerns and actions.
- Perform Safety Risk Assessments (SRAs).
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering required, MS Engineer preferred.
- Minimum 8 years as an expert on product safety, who conveys theories and practices of the professional field to experts and non-experts.
- Internally & externally recognized authority on safety risk area knowledge,
- Knowledge of safety regulations (lasers, interlocks, chemicals, hoisting/lifting/transport, human safety/accessibility, electrical compliance, CE, ergonomics, EMC, etc).
- Experience in multidisciplinary project work.
- Experience with inspection & auditing techniques
- Extensive knowledge of Risk Assessment techniques.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky