Production Controller - Supply Chain Management
Location : Lopatcong NJ US 08865
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19241-AS-MK1
Compensation : 65000.00 - 85000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Business or Logistics
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Production Controller responsible for scheduling materials and production needs.
- Ensure continuous flow of purchased materials to manufacturing cells from approved suppliers, optimizing total cost.
- Provide day-to-day purchasing support and supplier management.
- Ensure the timely fulfillment of material requirements for manufacturing units.
- Oversee replenishment of products using netted demand in support of inventory targets and delivery reliability goals.
- Monitor orders, stock status, and MRP exception messages in SAP, ensuring products are available to support forecasts and business plans.
- Schedule releases to ensure timely supply of goods and/or services.
- Facilitate root cause problem resolution.
- Responsible for providing Production Leaders with a production schedule on a daily basis and advise if there any material concerns.
- Manage vendor relationships while obtaining confirmations for scheduled deliveries and following up on any material delays.
- Provide monthly rolling forecast (for a 12-month period) for all applicable vendors.
- Escalate material issues to production team and work closely with team to resolve the material shortage.
- Track on time delivery results and update SAP orders for any past due sales orders with a new delivery date (based on material availability).
- Review and analyze key business metrics to identify changes in trend impacting performance.
- Propose recommendations to drive improvement and operational efficiency.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Supply Chain Management (strongly preferred) or a business related field (e.g., Customer Care, Procurement, Operations, Production)
- Experience with metal stamping and/or automated assembly preferred.
- SAP or other MRP experience strongly preferred.
Contact: Monique Kleiman