Production Supervisor - Lamination Department
Location : Fair Lawn NJ US 07410
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19339-MK1
Compensation : 65000.00 - 75000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2-5
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Manufacturing
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Production Supervisor to supervise the Laminating Department and personnel in accordance with the established policies and procedures for corrugated packaging.
- Manages staff of a diverse work group, (performance, attendance, tardiness, training, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with all safety rules procedures for the staff and workplace.
- Develop / Analyze Processes and oversee training in the department for efficiency gains.
- Asses staffing skill levels and job performance, compensation levels, and manages the training of the staff and department scheduling.
- Meet department production schedule.
- Review production methods and develops; and implements changes to facilitate enhanced productivity and quality.
- Assists Quality and Production function to develop and meet applicable goals.
- Lead and/or assist cross functional teams to solve problems to help increase productivity/quality.
- Provides support to ensure that all machinery is working properly.
- Monitors, assesses and orders raw material trials, including paper, starch, adhesives, etc.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis and develop Corrective Actions for Quality/Plant Issues.
- Review appropriate quality/production data and determine changes necessary.
- Assist, contribute or support on special projects as determined by VP of Manufacturing as required.
- Track Flute Mileage, Starch, and Glue Consumption.
- Resource for Paperboard Inventory / Pick Tickets / Purchasing.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with supervision in the packaging or manufacturing industry.
- Minimum 2-5 years supervision experience in a manufacturing environment a must.
- Knowledge of the corrugation / flute process and equipment.
- Knowledge of paper and adhesives properties.
- Efficient in the use of Microsoft Office Tools.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment with a diverse work force.
- Good communication skills with the ability to deal effectively with day to day issues.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
Contact: Monique Kleiman