Project Engineer - Chemical Process Equipment
Location : Somerville NJ US 08876
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 18849-AS-DE-2
Compensation : 60000.00 - 70000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Project Engineer with either a Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering background with plant and process equipment.
- Provide engineering support for projects by assisting with design and development.
- Interface with clients and vendors as well as technical support to other departments during project development and execution.
- Design and specify system components for dryers, dewatering systems, filter presses, and process filtration equipment with an emphasis on engineering and problem solving.
- Provide instruction to other disciplines on project action required in the form of engineering orders, test procedures, purchase requisitions, and inter-office correspondences.
- Prepare and communicate to the client all necessary data to satisfy technical requirements in all aspects of the project.
- Cost reduction leadership through interaction with manufacturing, marketing, engineering, and vendors.
- Interface with vendors to select the most effective components.
- Provide direction to junior personnel.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years experience with project engineering for plant / process equipment, including dryers, dewatering systems, filter presses, and process filtration equipment.
- Experience with plant / process equipment , P&IDS, layouts, installation, piping, structural steel,
- pumps, conveyors, dryers, ducting and plant engineering standards.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with AutoCAD a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestic with some international.
Contact: Darren Elg