Quality Engineer - Manufacturing
Location : Hackensack NJ US 07601
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19202-BZ1
Compensation : 60000.00 - 65000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : BS Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Quality Engineer who plans and conducts activities concerned with the quality control and quality assurance of industrial processes, materials, and products.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of the assigned product or component.
- Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Establishes program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Reviews all purchased products or components and provides input to the decision to accept the product and future purchases from the vendor.
- Documents data obtained during all quality activities consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality activities.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
- Prepares reports to communicate involvement and results of quality activities.
- Is in charge of the efficient running of the Vision System by identifying and fixing problems that hamper its ability to sort parts correctly.
- Reports on the findings of the sorters on a weekly basis in order to identify problems and eliminate them at the presses to reduce the quantity of bad parts being produced.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality codes and standards.
Required Qualifications :
- Minimum 2 years experience working as a Quality Engineer for industrial manufacturing.
- Experience with metals manufacturing is a plus.
- Experience with Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Experience developing quality standards and creating inspection processes.
- Experience with supplier quality audits.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky