Quality Inspector - Precision Machined Parts
Location : Union NJ US 07083
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 18971-JF
Compensation : open - 20-24/h
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : High School Diploma / GED
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract position for a Quality Inspector who performs required inspections of complex parts and assemblies using complicated blueprints, sketches, written and/or verbal specifications.
- Utilize basic and advanced inspection tools and gauges, CMM and other inspection equipment.
- Documents inspection results and makes decisions regarding inspection problems.
- Skillfully uses all inspection gauges and instruments, including their set up, analysis and adjustment.
- Calibrates measuring gauges and equipment as directed.
- May lead and assist other inspectors and make set ups for their use.
- Moves parts and materials to and from work area.
- Works closely with Engineering, Assembly/Test and Operations to resolve quality issues.
- May be Level I Operator or Level II Inspector in one or more of the following areas: liquid penetrant, ultra-sonic or eddy currents.
Required Qualifications :
- High School Diploma or equivalent, advanced technical education preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience as an inspector with demonstrated acceptable performance of the required inspection operations.
- Works from complicated blueprints, sketches, written and/or verbal specifications.
- Requires the use of standard shop math, including trigonometry and geometry, and a full knowledge of machine shop and assembly operations.
- Understanding of basic electronics, pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Experience in using basic and advanced inspection tools and gauges, plus experience with CMM and other currently used inspection equipment.
- Lifting up to 50lbs regularly and 75lbs occasionally, pushing, pulling, standing for long periods of time, manual dexterity, visual acuity, and typing.
Contact: John Forsatz