Location : Maspeth NY US 11378
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 18604-JF-5
Compensation : 15.00 - 17.00 USD/HOUR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : High School Diploma / GED
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Quality Inspector for industrial components and materials.
- Maintains quality standards by inspecting and testing incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products and recording quality results.
- Perform inspections of incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products by confirming specifications and conducting visual and measurement tests.
- Accept or reject incoming materials, sub-assemblies, and finished products or disposition for rework as required.
- Accurately document the results of the inspections and testing.
- Maintain all test records in a timely and accurate manner.
- Report inspection and test data to supervisor.
- Assist in updating inspection procedures and checklists.
- Evaluate problems and make recommendations for possible corrective action to supervisor.
- Assist other QC Inspector as needed.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures.
Required Qualifications :
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have good English written and verbal communication skills.
- Good math and analytical skills are required.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude desired.
- Minimum 2 years Quality Control experience in Receiving Inspection is preferred.
- Working knowledge of measurement instruments such as calipers, micrometers, gauges, torque wrenches, multimeters, hipot testers, and other testing equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and schematics.
- General proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Contact: John Forsatz