Quality Manager - Industrial Process Equipment
Location : Maspeth NY US 11378
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 18694-JF
Compensation : 85000.00 - 100000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 4
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Quality Manager who ensures consistent quality of incoming and production assemblies by developing, implementing and enforcing a state of the art Quality Assurance systems, validating processes, providing documentation and managing staff.
- Reporting & Tracking of nonconforming materials (TDR/SCAR).
- Inspect, evaluate & process all incoming RMA's.
- Monitor all operations that affect quality.
- Supervise and guide inspectors, technicians and other staff.
- Assure the reliability and consistency of production by checking processes and final output.
- Appraise customers' requirements and make sure they are satisfied.
- Report all malfunctions to production executives to ensure immediate action.
- Facilitate proactive solutions by collecting and analyzing quality data.
- Review current standards and policies.
- Ensure all applicable code standards are met.
- Communicate with external quality assurance officers during onsite inspections.
- Improve QA/QC systems.
- Train QC personnel on standards and procedures.
- Interface with engineering and production (engineering liaison).
- Spread quality awareness throughout organization.
- Qualify and monitor suppliers with source inspections, performance evaluations, etc.
- Maintain searchable critical records.
- Work with prospective and current customers quality audits.
- Knowledge of industry quality system, procedures and approvals.
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical measurement devices.
- Working knowledge of device and equipment calibration.
- Working knowledge of computer software and hardware systems.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a quality assurance manager.
- Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards.
- Excellent numerical skills and understanding of data analysis/statistical methods.
- Good knowledge of MS Office and databases.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Great attention to detail and a results driven approach.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Certification of quality control is a strong advantage.
- ASME/UL knowledge a plus.
Contact: John Forsatz