Quality Manager - Process Equipment Manufacturing
Location : Morris Plains NJ US 07950
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 18895-MK
Compensation : 65000.00 - 70000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- The Quality Manager is responsible for all aspects of the quality control program including, but not limited to planning, coordinating, fabrication, testing and repair of engineered products as well as directing of the fabrication quality control program.
- Responsible for delivering quality equipment and ensuring industry standards and best practices are followed.
- Responsible for supporting the maintenance of a continuous improvement and customer-focused quality culture within the organization and associated fabrication shops.
- Ensure the awareness of and compliance with customer requirements throughout the company.
- Promote quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Work with supply chain to ensure quality requirements from external suppliers.
- Ensure compliance with national and international standards.
- Establish clearly defined project quality control plans to ensure compliance with Code requirements and client specifications.
- Liaise with customer's inspection team and ensure the proper execution of corrective action and prevention of future nonconformities.
- Organize and manage quality assurance function in close co-operation with the customers and with the fabrication shop personnel.
- Ensure tests and procedures are properly comprehended, carried out and evaluated.
- Supervise technical staff in carrying out tests and checks.
- Manage and maintain the Company's quality inspection programs for incoming and in-process materials and components, processes and finished goods.
Required Qualifications :
- Experience as a Quality Manager for process equipment manufacturing.
- Experience with overseeing quality of supply chain / vendors and internal fabrication shop.
- Experience with ISO 9001 standards.
- Experience managing and maintaining quality inspection programs.
- Experience with ASME code standards.
- Experience with Non-Destructive Examination including Radiographic Testing (RT), Ultrasonic Testing (UT), Magnetic Particle Testing (MT) and Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT).
- Present or previous certification as an American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) or experience in welding inspection is a plus.
- Experience in fabrication and machine shop practice specific to contract/job shop manufacturing.
- Position requires 20-40% travel.
Contact: Monique Kleiman