Quality Manager - Process Equipment
Location : Morris Plains NJ US 07950
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19329-MK1
Compensation : 80000.00 - 100000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Mechanical or Welding Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Quality Manager for planning, coordinating, fabrication, testing and repair of pressure vessels, heat exchangers and engineered products.
- Responsible for delivery of quality equipment and ensuring industry standards and best practice are followed.
- Responsible for maintenance and continuous improvement for fabrication operations.
- Ensure the awareness of and compliance with customer requirements throughout the company.
- Work with supply chain to ensure quality requirements from external suppliers.
- Ensure compliance with national and international standards.
- Establish clearly defined project quality control plans to ensure compliance with ASME Code requirements and client specifications, especially in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Liaise with customer's inspection team and ensure the proper execution of corrective action and prevention of future nonconformities.
- Organize and manage quality assurance function in close co-operation with the customers and with the fabrication shop personnel.
- Ensure NDE tests and procedures are properly comprehended, carried out and evaluated.
- Supervise technical staff in carrying out tests and checks.
- Manage and maintain the Company's quality inspection programs for incoming and in-process materials and components, processes and finished goods.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering or Welding Engineering
- Experience with ASME Code Section VIII Div. 1 for Pressure vessels, Section IX for welding, Section II for materials and all other ASME NDE procedures.
- Experience with NACE requirements, and Non-Destructive Examination including Radiographic Testing (RT), Ultrasonic Testing (UT), Magnetic Particle Testing (MT) and Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT).
- Present or previous certification as an American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) or experience in welding inspection is a plus.
- Experience in fabrication and machine shop practice specific to contract/job shop manufacturing.
- Experience with Shell &Tube heat exchangers.
- ASNT ACCP UT Level III, ASNT NDT MT & PT Level III certifications are a plus.
- Requires ability to travel 20-40%.
Contact: Monique Kleiman