Reliability Engineer - Opto-electronics
Location : New Providence NJ US 07974
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19235-AS-DE1
Compensation : 80000.00 - 90000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 6
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering or Physics
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Reliability Engineer responsible for performing the Reliability Testing Activities (Life Test and Environmental) necessary to establish and verify the current and future reliability of products.
- Support new technology development programs by identifying required reliability tests, coordinating the execution of those tests, summarizing test results into MTTF / FIT graphs, and documenting test results.
- Coordinate the execution of tests, and formally documenting the test results for release to customers.
- Support process and material change activities by identifying required reliability tests, coordinating the execution of those tests, and formally documenting the test results.
- Manage on-going reliability monitoring program by identifying products to be sampled and tests to be run.
- Follow-up on failures and advice management about the need for customer recalls and/or process improvement work.
- Develop personal expertise on semiconductor reliability concepts, test standards, and test equipment.
- Required skills are working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and JMP. Also, familiarity with Jedec and Military specifications that relate to IC qualifcation.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering or Physics
- Minimum 6 years experience with reliability for opto-electronics / semiconductors.
- Must be a "hands on" individual who knows the specifics of Reliability testing.
- Experience with Life Tests and Environmental Tests.
- Required skills are working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and JMP.
- Also, familiarity with Jedec and Military specifications that relate to IC qualifcation.
- Ability to travel internationally on occasion.
Contact: Darren Elg