Research Scientist - Membrane Technology
Location : Florham Park NJ US 07932
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19139-AB
Compensation : 105000.00 - 125000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Chemistry or Physics
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Chemical
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Research Scientist to develop innovative building products and serve as a SME leading the new product development process.
- Lead new product development and major technical initiatives including development of membranes and accessories to improve performance, reduce total system costs, and establish advantages over competition.
- Fully develop and manage entire project technical schedule from concept through commercialization.
- Responsible for resolution of issues stemming from product and process development, product and process improvement, manufacturing efficiencies, and outsourcing.
- Establish structure property relationships of materials and final product performance using advanced material characterization techniques.
- Manage raw material qualification, competitive material analyses, and external laboratory testing for all current products.
- Serve as SME by publishing technical reports and conducting presentations.
- Supervise lab technician for R&D projects.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Chemistry, Physics, or other related science or engineering. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in new product development.
- In depth understanding of membrane technology and end use for building products.
- Able to serve as technology and manufacturing process expert.
- Develops FFUs and translates into product specifications.
- Experience with product development from a laboratory and taking through manufacturing to commercialization.
- Understands competitive technologies with ability to interpreting competitive art and patents.
- Experience with advanced statistical tools and design of experiments (DOE).
- Requires 20% travel.
Contact: Allan Berman