Semiconductor Device Development Engineer - HEMT
Location : New Providence NJ US 07974
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19059-AS1
Compensation : 100000.00 - 145000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 4
Required Education : MS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Device Development Engineer responsible for the development, characterization, optimization and qualification of state of the art gallium nitride (GaN) HEMTs (high-electron-mobility transistors).
- Works with customers to define and specify device technology requirements to support existing and future product development efforts
- Designs and simulates epitaxial structures to meet device performance targets. Works closely with the advanced materials engineers to procure and test epitaxial designs.
- Works closely with the advanced process development engineers to define new unit process requirements and targets, design/integrate wafer fab process flows.
- Creates test structure layouts to fabricate and characterize new device technologies and demonstrate margin for volume manufacturing.
- Works with test engineers to define test conditions and develop DC/RF tests.
- Performs DC and RF testing and characterization of devices, collects and analyzes data.
- Works with the quality group to define and meet reliability requirements for new devices.
- Works with customers to assess and meet product performance requirements.
- Works with manufacturing group to specify critical in-line and PCM process control metrics for high volume manufacturing.
- Participates in on-going continuous yield/performance efforts.
Required Qualifications :
- MS Electrical Engineering required, PhD Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 4 years experience with GaN HEMT device development.
- Good knowledge and understanding of GaN devices and materials (device physics, processing, measurements, modeling, simulation).
- Hands-on experience with DC, RF and microwave testing (small and large signal).
- Familiar with TCAD simulation using Silvaco software preferred.
- Knowledge of engineering project planning and management a plus.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
Contact: Alex Salewycz