Senior Electrical Engineer - MEP
Location : Somerville NJ US 08876
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 18978-AS
Compensation : 125000.00 - 145000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Electrical Engineer for MEP projects.
- Perform short circuit, load flow, voltage drop, and arc flash calculations.
- Perform circuit ampacity and conduit fill calculations.
- Provide technical, communication, and leadership skills to present findings and integrated solutions to client via written reports and oral presentations. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter, able to work independently and lead multi-discipline design teams.
- Prepare project specifications, contract drawings, and bid package documents.
- Work closely with various project design teams to provide electrical system and equipment design services.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering
- PE License required
- Minimum 10 years experience working on electrical distribution systems for low rise and high rise multifamily buildings, commercial office buildings, schools, and retail environments.
- Experience working on standby and emergency power systems.
- Experience conducting assessments of existing electrical power distribution systems for building condition assessments, and preparing scope of work for electrical repair/upgrade projects. Familiarity and ability to conduct damage assessments and prepare recommendations after natural disasters/or emergency a plus.
- Experience with evaluating and designing lighting systems.
- Experience with renewable energy systems and combined heat and power systems.
- Experience with providing medium and low voltage utility service entrances and power distribution, lighting, and motor controls.
Contact: Alex Salewycz