Senior Hardware Engineer - Power Supply Design
Location : Mahwah NJ US 07430
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19004-BZ
Compensation : 100000.00 - 110000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Electrical Engineer / Hardware Engineer to to research and design power supplies and electrical systems, lead product cycles from concept to production, provide support to all departments, and provide solutions by investigating problems.
- Execute projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Design and troubleshoot electrical systems and power supplies, including component selection/design.
- Provide cost, quality, time, and feasibility analysis reports.
- Generate PCB layout, required drawings and documentation for testing, manufacturing, product specification and more.
- Follow processes as established or implemented by the Engineering department.
- Take a lead role in ensuring success of product from concept to production release.
- Ensure product quality by developing and executing test plans.
- Assist in the manufacturing process by evaluating manufacturing and test equipment.
- Provide support to all departments.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Advanced degree (preferred MS)
- Minimum 10 years related work experience.
- Experience designing up to 600W of CC/CV AC-DC and DC-DC switch mode power supplies.
- Experience designing isolated and non-isolated class 1 and class 2 power supplies.
- Experience in designing and prototyping analog and digital circuit, component selection/design, and troubleshooting.
- Experience in PCB board design and troubleshooting.
- Experience with PCB layout.
- Experience with UL and FCC compliance.
- Thorough understanding of electronic component assembly and manufacturing processes.
- At least 2 previous products successfully designed and released for production.
- Excellent communication and ability to provide concise, regular technical updates to production, technicians, engineers, managers and other departments.
- Experience in leading a project from concept to production release.
- Thorough understanding of process steps involved in taking a product from concept stage to production release.
- Experience with C and C++ programming is a plus.
- Experience with Altium is a plus.
- Familiarity with Energy Star, NEMA, ANSI, DLC design requirements and testing.
- Knowledge and experience in reliability calculations, lift testing, DTC and FMEA.
- Related design experience in lighting industry preferred.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky