Senior Mechanical Designer - Sheet Metal / Plastics
Location : Clifton NJ US 07013
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19064-MM
Compensation : 65000.00 - 75000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Mechanical Designer for new product design for electronic enclosures for A/V equipment.
- Working in AutoCAD Inventor doing primarily sheet metal and plastic design of new products, and changes to existing ones.
- Designing plastic parts for assemblies, metal and plastic extrusions, and stamped metal parts.
- Design for metalworking, metalforming, and machining processes, including castings of various types, stamping, forging, and extruding.
- Design for sheet metal .03 to .12 thick.
- Design for plastic-part processing, such as injection molding, vacuum-forming, and extruding.
- Design from concept to production.
Required Qualifications :
- Experience with Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical & Inventor, 2012 version or higher.
- Minimum 2 years of manufacturing experience in sheet metal fabrication and machining.
- Ability to read and create part/assembly detail drawings.
- Experience dealing with .03- to .12-thick Sheet Metal, CRS / Galvanized/ Pre- coated.
- Working knowledge of most metalworking, metalforming, and machining processes, including castings of various types, stamping, forging, and extruding.
- Strong familiarity with plastic-part processes, such as injection molding, vacuum-forming, and extruding, a plus.
- Some familiarity with fixtures, jigs and tooling design is a plus.
Contact: Mark Manz