Senior Quality Engineer
Location : Plainsboro NJ US 08536
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 19480-AB1
Compensation : open - 45-60/h
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Senior Quality Engineer for 6-12 month position to provide quality assurance support and oversight to various projects and activities.
- Identify appropriate quality requirements for procuring items and services and review supplier submittals for compliance.
- Develop surveillance, inspection and audit plans, participate and lead audits, inspections, and surveillances of internal programs or suppliers, including determining the scope, performing, and reporting the audit results including negative findings.
- Provide oversight, and lead or participate in the assessments performed by management and departments.
- Attend design review meetings, review technical specifications, statements of work, drawings, and other pertinent documents.
- Control assigned documents and records.
- Evaluate proposed corrective actions, following them through completion and verify adequate completion.
- Performing analyses of data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Participate in, or lead, root cause analyses.
- Review processes and programs for improvement opportunities.
- Participate in quality planning and implementation processes by developing plans or procedures, collecting and analyzing various quality data, performing compliance- and performance-based audits, assuming responsibility for the quality aspects of complex procurements.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering plus at least ten years experience in QA/QC.
- Demonstrated capabilities in quality assurance functions, including audits, surveillances, and inspections; writing quality reports and findings; and verifying and following up on corrective actions.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and to lead a team to accomplish a specific task.
- Demonstrated ability to develop requirements, perform cost/benefits analyses, and develop and analyze plans and criteria for various projects and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- PE and/or ASQ Certification is desirable.
- Experience applying quality requirements under an approved QA Program that is compliant with ASME NQA-1, ISO 9000, DOE Order 414.1D, or other national or international regulations or standards.
- Experience working with accelerators, power plants, or heavy industrial project. Experience working at nuclear facilities or DoE lab is ideal.
- Able to travel occasionally to vendors.
Contact: Allan Berman