Senior Software Engineer - Java
Location : Naperville IL US 60540
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19185-MM1
Compensation : 110000.00 - 120000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Computer Science
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Software Engineer responsible for development and maintenance of sophisticated desktop Java applications.
- Develop a custom solution for distributed computing, 3D graphical processing tools, high-performance data storage and various back-end APIs.
- Programming language of choice is core Java, with some Python and C++.
- Design and implement new components and on-going feature enhancements
- under minimal guidance, collaborate with application support engineers on software requirements and application design.
- Responsible for code testing and quality.
- Share your knowledge through mentoring, reviewing code, and taking part in design discussions.
- Follow the company software development processes.
- Study new technologies to remain technically current.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum GPA of 3.2/4.0
- Minimum 5 years of professional full-stack application development experience utilizing core Java and object-oriented design principles.
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience with any desktop widget toolkit (Java Swing, Java FX, SWT, Qt).
- Experience with JUnit.
- Experience with any topic of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI) design is a strong plus.
- Experience with Python or C++ strong plus.
- Experience with distributed systems strong plus.
- Experience with relational databases (RDBMS) strong plus.
Contact: Mark Manz