SMT Process Engineer
Location : New Haven CT US 06501
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19370-DE1
Compensation : 40000.00 - 65000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Electronics
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Electrical Engineer to work as an SMT Process Engineer responsible for establishing and evaluating Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) manufacturing processes, with focus on the SMT and selective soldering.
- Maintain manufacturing procedures for all PCBA manufacturing processes and provide recommendations and rationalizations for updates.
- Provide process development and support of prototypes, and quick-turn products.
- Prepare process reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Provide programming and technical support for the SMT process equipment used in PCBA manufacturing: Pick and Place, Solder Paste Inspection, AOI, Thermal Profile Monitoring System, Selective Solder, and Rework Process.
- Provide manufacturing estimates for new PCBAs.
- Provide continuous improvement and implementation of best operational methodologies.
- Oversee preventative maintenance and repair of SMT equipment following manufacturer's instructions and established requirements.
- Equipment used includes FUJI NXT III SMT, Automated climate controlled inventory towers, 5D X-Rays, in-line SPI's and AOI's, on-site Nitrogen Generation.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years programming and technical support for the SMT process equipment used in PCBA manufacturing.
- Experience with Pick and Place, Solder Paste Inspection, AOI, Thermal Profile Monitoring System, Selective Solder, and Rework Process.
- Requires knowledge of problem reporting tools and configuration management, Industrial Standards (IPC, ANSI, MIL) and hands on experience with various component packages and PCB materials.
- Certifications to ISO 9001:2008, ISO 13485, AS91000C, ISO14001, CE, UL, ITAR.
Contact: Darren Elg