Software Engineer - Java
Location : Naperville IL US 60540
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19184-MM1
Compensation : 80000.00 - 85000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Computer Science
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Software Engineer responsible for development and maintenance of various sophisticated desktop Java applications.
- Develop a custom solution for distributed computing, 3D graphical processing tools, high-performance data storage and various back-end APIs.
- Our programming language of choice is core Java, with some Python and C++.
- Design and implement new components and on-going feature enhancements
- under minimal guidance, collaborate with application support engineers on software requirements and application design.
- Responsible for code testing and quality.
- Follow the company software development processes.
- Study new technologies to remain technically current.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Computer Science
- Minimum GPA of 3.2/4.0
- Experience with full-stack application development utilizing core Java and object-oriented design principles.
- Familiarity with any desktop widget toolkit (Java Swing, Java FX, SWT, Qt).
- Experience with any topic of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI) design is a strong plus.
- Experience with Python or C++ is a strong plus.
- Experience with distributed systems is a strong plus.
- Experience with relational databases is a strong plus.
Contact: Mark Manz