Supply Chain Engineer - Electronics
Location : Norwalk CT US 06851
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 18786-BZ-MM-2
Compensation : 100000.00 - 130000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 8
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Electronics
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Supply Chain Engineer for electronics, responsible to ensure parts quality from suppliers.
- Use in-depth technical knowledge and analytic thinking to build up an intimate knowledge of our suppliers IP and technological capabilities.
- Early involvement in the design and engineering (D&E) of products to ensure that technology expertise our company and our suppliers are merged in the best way.
- Ensure that not only parts quality, but also manufacturability and serviceability aspects are covered in the design phase.
- Document the D&E project collaboration, including supplier & company responsibilities and roles via a Statement of Work (SoW).
- New product introduction (NPI) and supplier selection.
- Acceptance of the design and/or specification of complete & detailed parts qualification process.
- Acceptance of qualified parts.
- Process flow and process failure mode effect analysis (PFMEA).
- First article inspection.
- Define and maintain supplier interface processes, such as issue resolution, qualification deviation, configuration management, etc.
- Contribute to supplier development to improve operational excellence by driving execution of existing agreements, improvement actions, and participation in supplier audits.
- This position is part of the D&E project team and, therefore, interfaces with project leaders, design engineers, architects, manufacturing & customer support engineers, logistics, procurement, etc.
Required Qualifications :
- BS or MS in Electronics with studies in Electro-mechanics.
- Minimum 8 years experience in high tech development environment with a focus on supplier management, part quality and outsourcing.
- Experience as a designer or test developer in the areas of quality systems and methodologies and production processes.
- Certified Six Sigma Green or Black belt is a must.
- Minimum 3 years experience designing boards and cables.
- Minimum 5 years manufacturing test experience.
- Experience in PCB visual and functional testing, In-Circuit Test (ICT) and cable testing.
Contact: Mark Manz