Traffic Signal Engineer - Traffic Signal Systems / ITS (LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY)
Location : Rutherford NJ US 07070
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 18984-BZ
Compensation : 75000.00 - 80000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 4
Required Education : BS Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Traffic Signal Engineer responsible for overseeing the operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of a 124-signal regional adaptive traffic signal network, inclusive of Internet Protocol (IP) based area-wide communication system, Image Detection System (IDS) and Adaptive Traffic Signal Control (ATSC) system.
- Managing contractors and vendors.
- Providing technical support related to Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) projects.
- Managing, supporting and designing transportation projects and initiatives.
- Performing field inspections and other duties in support of installation, maintenance, repair and deployment of the adaptive system and other Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) projects.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in traffic signal design and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS).
- Certifications in network routing and switching, fiber optic and/or wireless are a plus.
- Proficiency in traffic analysis and simulation (e.g., HCS, Synchro) also a plus.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky