QA Project Lead
Location : New Providence NJ US 07974
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20973-JF1
Compensation : 80000.00 - 90000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 03/28/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a QA Project Lead to perform documentation and inspection activities.
- Lead the new projects, establish the project quality program, and drive the QA activities.
- Ensure customer specifications, engineering drawings, code compliance and regulatory requirements are met.
- Develop the project quality program, Inspection and Test Plan, inspection scheme and documentation requirements.
- Follow up on the vendors’ manufacturing process and ensure the quality requirements are met.
- Review vendor documentation, approve, or comment and follow up to final acceptance.
- Prepare project final documentation and respond to comments until receiving the customer final approval.
- Inspect the equipment, assemblies and components as defined in the project quality program & checklists and confirm compliance to the engineering drawings, specification, and codes.
- Prepare the inspection package, either for self or for third-party inspectors.
- Improve the standard Inspection Checklists, review the third-party inspectors’ reports, identify the areas of concern, and provide post inspection feedback.
- Responsible for generation, disposition and close out the process and product non-conformances.
- Respond to Customer Non-Conformance Reports.
- Participate in Corrective Actions and Preventive Action plans.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering or Technical degree
- Minimum 3 years experience with quality assurance and inspections on customized industrial equipment.
- CWI (Certified Welding Inspector) Credentials or ability to obtain within one year.
- Ability to complete the project QA and technical tasks independently.
- Familiar with the NDE techniques, RT, UT, MT & PT.
- Familiar with piping, pressure vessels, valves, tanks, PVC, FRP, and HDPE.
- Familiar with international code requirements, ASME, AWS, API, PED, CSA, AWWA, and NACE .
- Familiar with ISO 9001.
- Ability to perform inspections at various shop locations,1-2 days approximately once a month average.
Contact: John Forsatz