Location : Union NJ US 07083
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20379-JF1
Compensation : 60000.00 - 70000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 12/04/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Industrial Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Industrial Engineer to analyze and evaluate existing systems and processes, and identify value-added and non-value-added activities to solve design challenges.
- Conceive, design, test, and develop innovative solutions based on analysis and organizational objectives.
- Evaluate and explore new and existing processes, equipment, and materials as an input to scheduling methods, performance metrics and financial standards.
- Conduct employee training for productivity improvement projects, and mentor fellow engineers and technicians.
- Utilize principles of mathematics, science, and engineering to streamline processes.
- Research and test design ideas to determine feasibility, utilizing Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, Six Sigma, and root cause analysis to formulate and support innovation, corrective actions, and continuous improvement activities.
- Develop and design robust manufacturing concepts to simplify and improve manufacturing processes to ensure best practices.
- Create and maintain required manufacturing process documentation, including process flow charts, capacity and utilization studies, time and motion studies, standard work, cycle time analysis and line balancing.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gain insight and direction.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Industrial Engineering
- Minimum 3 years related engineering experience.
- In-depth understanding of lean manufacturing principles.
- Proficiency with analytical tools, workflow time study, and process balancing.
- Ability to interface with program management, manufacturing leads, customer, and functional leads.
- Ability to provide daily direction and guidance to junior associates.
- Advanced experience using MS suite, including Access, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with EPICOR is a plus.
Contact: John Forsatz