Senior Mechanical Engineer - HVAC / MEP
Location : Ridgewood NJ US 07450
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20842-BZ1
Compensation : 90000.00 - 110000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 01/10/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to design and specify HVAC, plumbing, electrical and protection systems for buildings and administering MEP upgrade projects.
- Be thoroughly familiar with engineering and operation of heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) systems, water supply, piping, and drainage systems, DDC temperature control systems, smoke evacuation systems, stand-by and emergency engine generator and associated fuel systems, and all other mechanical systems associated with facilities infrastructure support.
- Research and analysis of customer design proposals, industry standards and codes pertaining to the aforementioned systems. These include but are not limited to Chicago Building Code, IBC, NFPA, ASHRAE, etc.
- Lead studies and evaluations of existing systems, and or feasibility, cost, or requirements of designs.
- Evaluate different HVAC design alternates on factors such as energy performance, environmental impact and life cycle cost utilizing standard industry tools and software applicable to the systems mentioned.
- Perform quality assurance and quality control work for other engineers, and manage a multi-project workload, as well as oversee the design work of other engineers and designers.
- Accountable for project scope, coordination, quality, and budget adherence and overall team communication.
- Mentor and lead existing mechanical engineering staff, and work closely with other discipline and PM leads.
- Using their knowledge of science and mathematics, professional engineers plan, design and solve technological problems.
- Proposal / Business development /Seek new work opportunities through marketing, writing proposals, or giving presentations.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering.
- A New York or New Jersey State PE license is required.
- Minimum 10 years experience in the field of designing and specifying HVAC, plumbing, electrical and protection systems for buildings and administering MEP upgrade projects.
- Must possess a valid driver's license or have the ability to obtain one prior to employment.
- Must be physically capable of moving about on construction work sites and under adverse field conditions.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky