QC Supervisor of Microbiology (2nd shift)
Location : Ramsey NJ US 07446
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20809-AB1
Compensation : 90000.00 - 105000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 12/06/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Microbiology or Biology
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Biotechnology
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a 2nd shift Supervisor of QC Microbiology to direct microbiologists to meet and exceed cGMP requirements. Establish KPI’s while adhering to QC microbiology and technical standards.
- Oversee day to day activities including adjustment of workflow, test performance, and quality compliance.
- Investigate and document non-conforming events and environmental excursions.
- Troubleshoot and recommend process improvements to achieve greater efficiency and meet quality goals.
- Participate in department and cross functional meetings and regularly interact with environmental monitoring and microbiology personnel regarding best practices, procedures and processes between all sites.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory agency requirements by enforcing quality regulations and procedures.
- Author and revise Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, forms and Protocols to reflect current practices.
- Perform microbiological and environmental monitoring data review.
- Compile and issue quarterly and annual Environmental Monitoring trending reports.
- Interviewing, hiring, training, and reviewing employees. Plan, assign, and delegate tasks.
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Working hours are Wednesday-Saturday, 2:30-12:30 (Compressed Schedule).
Required Qualifications :
- BS Microbiology or Biology
- Minimum 3 years of environmental monitoring experience and cGMP experience.
- Strong knowledge of microbiological test methods, philosophies, method validation and method transfer.
- Strong knowledge of quality systems and ability to interpret Quality standards of implementation and review.
- Computer software proficiency with MS Office and MODA.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Written and oral communication and technical writing skills.
- Technical training ability.
- Detail-oriented, analytical with strong problem-solving, project management, multi-tasking, and organization skills.
- Able to work in a cleanroom and comply with personal hygiene standards to comply with aseptic processing standards.
- Able to utilize PPE while exposed to human specimen, liquid or gaseous nitrogen, and corrosive chemicals.
Contact: Allan Berman