Location : Montvale NJ US 07645
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19747-BZ1
Compensation : 80000.00 - 100000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 03/11/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Applications Engineer to provide support with developing proposals and identifying applications for separation projects for engineered equipment.
- Responsible for preliminary design and selection of equipment, application recommendations to determine equipment needed, cost estimation, customer communication, order acceptance, and creating preliminary project schedules.
- Support all separation equipment across all markets including dairy, beverage, renewable resources, chemical, pharmaceutical, environmental, marine and energy.
- Interact with different departments both internal and external including the customer/buyer, consultants, end users, suppliers, and others in order to provide the best commercial, technical, and practical solutions.
- Support sales for both New Equipment and Service Sales departments, with developing proposals, project costing, prioritization, and "go/no-go" decisions.
- Support sales departments and customers to define the best solution to meet their needs and specifications.
- Support customers with technical and commercial inquiries during the proposal stage of a project.
- Responsible for sales presentations, customer training, relationship management, and other tools to provide value-added service to customers.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and designs, especially Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), and relate to automation and controls.
- Analyze the customer's technical needs and suggest solutions.
- Respond to technical inquiries regarding products and services during the proposal and execution phases of a project.
- Interact with Project Execution and Service departments to troubleshoot equipment and system problems as necessary.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering
- Minimum 2 years experience in selecting, costing, and technical support for a highly-engineered product, including direct customer interaction.
- Experience with equipment support and developing proposals for equipment sales.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, including support with technical and commercial discussion during the quotation and execution phases of a project. Travel may be up to 50%.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky