Applications Engineering Manager
Location : Mountain Lakes NJ US 07046
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20507-BZ1
Compensation : 100000.00 - 130000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 03/30/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Application Engineering Manager responsible for leading our team of Application Engineers for design and development of pump and valve products.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, assigning, and executing the duties of the applications engineering team to meet company objectives for design and development of new and revised products for our customers.
- Oversee key projects, processes and performance metrics related to the technical quotes and production transfer processes.
- Selects, develops, trains and supervises application engineering staff.
- Develops, implements and improves policies procedures and programs.
- Create, review, analyse, document, and implement guidelines, standards, and procedures as part of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Reviews and analyses customer application project proposals using Request for Quote process to ensure alignment with company goals.
- Works in coordination with Sales to strengthen relationships with customers and their engineering teams.
- Manages Applications Engineering Team's Project Management of certain projects through the company's design transfer process.
- Defines necessary budgets for staff, training, facility and equipment requirements.
- Contribute to market research through trade associations, networking, corporate services to facilitate NPD and research projects.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering
- Minimum 5+ years of fluidics experience in the pump and valve industry.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience leading, motivating and inspiring direct reports and have the ability to lead through example and influence throughout an organization.
- Ability to communicate and build relationships across functions and at all levels of the organization with confidence and authority.
- Problem solving and analysis skills (i.e. A3, 8D, Six Sigma, KT, Shainin), making decisions quickly to improve performance.
- Ability to champion change and effectively manage the implementation of new ideas.
- Ability to set and review measurable and attainable goals to support staff development.
- Ability to create, review, analyse, document, and implement guidelines, standards, and procedures as part of
- continuous improvement initiatives.
- Knowledge of quality systems and standards.
- Proficient in MS office applications.
- Experience with 3D CAD experience with Solidworks or similar.
- Experience operating in a highly regulated industry (FDA, FAA for example) preferred.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky