Associate Product Manager - Food Additives
Location : Lyndhurst NJ US 07071
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20236-AB1
Compensation : 65000.00 - 90000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 06/26/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : BS Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Chemical
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a chemist or chemical engineer to work as Associate Product Manager working closely with manufacturing plants to support product development of food additive line.
- Review and advise Product Managers throughout R&D, Commercial, Manufacturing Scale-up and other phases of the product lifecycle.
- Utilize financial analytical skills to manage new product pricing, price requests and strategies.
- Assist in managing Profit & Loss (P&L) of the assigned products and product groups.
- Interface with Supply Chain and Manufacturing to support the material planning process.
- Assist in establishing guidelines for inventory, reorder points, and safety stock levels.
- Support the Business Development Team with key strategic customers to develop and grow the business through sales leads and market analysis.
- Review of MSDS documents and other food regulatory submissions and implement changes as needed.
- Create and update technical data sheets and materials for technical promotions including brochures and webinars.
- Manage the customer complaint process.
- Evaluate and improve workflows.
- Provide summary and analysis of changes to management.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Chemistry or Chemical Engineering required, MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Technical / Chemical Sales, or Product Management.
- Experience with performance chemical additives, preferably coatings, industrial fluids, cosmetics or food additives.
- Ability to improve processes and procedures and manage strategic projects and programs.
- Strong analytical, organizational and computer skills (PowerPoint, Excel, SAP).
- Occasional travel to visit manufacturing sites and customers.
Contact: Allan Berman