Location : Elizabeth NJ US 07201
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20839-MM1
Compensation : 140000.00 - 150000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 01/06/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Automation Engineer to develop functional specifications leading to programming PLC logic for capital projects and process changes and improvements across all facilities.
- Supervise and support the Installation and programming of temperature/ pressure and flow instruments for capital projects.
- Work with key system integrators on the deployment of automation solutions, including GE Fanuc, Allen Bradley PLC’s, Cimplicity and Wonderware HMI’s, conveyers, and robotics.
- Work with IT team to protect our control systems form external influence.
- Create and manage revision control for all the companies control systems.
- Design control panels: design and implement controls upgrades.
- Install and troubleshoot motor controls, VFDs, and Soft-Starts.
- Audit, update and maintain all documentation for the automation systems within the facilities creating panel P&IDs and ladder logic diagrams, etc.
- Map all control systems and clearly document current state and future strategies.
- Execute work in a safe and expedient manner.
- Responsible for emergency corrective maintenance either on site or remotely to support on site Instrument technicians
- Audit preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Scope, estimate and execute all automation capital and maintenance projects along with maintenance manager, project managers/,operations, etc.
- Oversee the work by contractors as required on site to assure safe and quality performance.
- Assist in the planning and direction of strategic improvements to keep plant process controls up to date using current best practice and latest technologies.
- Develop and maintain the site calibration system for all sites to meet all current standards.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical, Industrial, Manufacturing or Controls Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with automated control systems within a high volume manufacturing operation.
- Must have extensive experience in PLC’s, HMI’s, and SCADA.
- Experience with control systems and related, including Siemens S5 & S7, Allen-Bradley, Wonderware, SQL, C/C++, Servos, VFD’s, and related components.
Contact: Mark Manz