Location : Valley Cottage NY US 10989
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20414-MK1
Compensation : 39.00 - 47.00 USD/HOUR
Start Date : 01/15/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Automation Engineer responsible for troubleshooting, implementation, modification, and validation activities of the plant vision, control, motive, and communications systems.
- Programming and maintenance of Programmable Logic Controls (PLC), Human Machine Interface (HMI) and SCADA.
- Program and schematic version control and archiving.
- Vision systems maintenance, development, and optimization.
- Support the development of machine controls for automation machines, upgrade current standard machines, line modifications, and additions.
- Responsible for Communication and Networking systems.
- Perform Electrical and Electronic Control Circuitry installations and repairs.
- Work with and on Sensors, Encoders, and Instruments.
- Work with Motors and Electronic Drives.
- Perform and support Technical Writing projects as needed.
- Support the Instruction of colleagues (i.e. Technicians and Mechanics).
- Provide support for all plant Automation, Process, and Robotic Systems
- Analyze and troubleshoot electrical circuitry using schematics and test equipment.
- Review documentation, methods, equipment, and procedures to improve efficiencies.
- Evaluate equipment by establishing operating conditions, devising performance tests, recording and analyzing results, and recommending changes.
- Make recommendations for continual process, cost and efficiency improvements.
- Maintain product quality standards and specifications by observing operations, detecting malfunctions, inspecting parts, adjusting controls and replacing tooling.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics.
- Proficiency in electrical schematics, blue prints, mechanics, pneumatics, and control electricity.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an Automation Engineer or Automation Technician in an manufacturing environment, preferably in a clean room environment.
- Machine shop skills.
- Skilled with diagnostic instruments and meters.
- Ability to work on complex machinery and systems within a pharmaceutical environment.
- An understanding of and ability to work with high-level computer technology.
- Competent skills with PC's, networking, device communications, integration and design.
- Ability to read and interpret program instructions and electrical schematics.
- Ability to troubleshoot, service and repair industrial equipment and use hand tools to perform the same.
- Requires lifting up to 50 pounds.
Contact: Monique Kleiman