Location : Newark NJ US 07102
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20473-MM1
Compensation : 65000.00 - 75000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 03/04/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : Blue Seal License
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Chemical
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Boiler Mechanic who serves as the licensed on-shift Boiler Plant Engineer, ensuring proper operation of low and high pressure boilers.
- Serve as the licensed on-shift Refrigeration Plant Engineer, ensuring proper operation of the Refrigeration plant.
- Report issues and conditions to the Chief Engineer.
- Conducts chemistry analysis/adjustments and blowdowns of the steam generating system.
- Supports the duty Shift Leader and his team by taking routine logs and performing adjustments to maintain the compressed air systems, air-drying system, cooling water systems, HVAC systems, wastewater systems and fire fighting systems.
- Performs small valve maintenance.
- Performs lubrication and other routine preventative maintenance.
- Provides initial mechanical adjustment and troubleshooting in support of the on-shift team for emergency problems or repairs.
- Coordinates with the Shift Leader to employ support of Black Seal shift operators to meet overall needs of the plant.
- Maintains 5S standards of assigned areas and systems.
- Coordinates with shift operators and shift leader to tag-out systems for immediate or follow-on corrective maintenance.
- May also run production departments at times, if qualified.
- Performs shift clean-ups and or larger sanitation projects to maintain 5S standards.
Required Qualifications :
- Blue Seal Boiler License required.
- Blue Seal Refrigeration License required.
- Willing to pursue Red Seal Boiler and Refrigeration License if sponsored and assigned by the company.
- Basic mechanical knowledge of compressed air, air-drying, cooling water, HVAC, wastewater and fire-fighting systems, (formal certification of knowledge on these systems will be expected through company sponsored programs).
- Basic mechanical skills, (formal certification will be expected through company training or company sponsored training by an outside provider).
- Working knowledge of industry regulations - local, state, Federal - Environmental, Safety (OSHA), USCG, Quality/Food Safety; BRC; FSMA; HACCP
- Experience in a 24 hour production facility.
Contact: Mark Manz