Building Automation Systems Engineer, Pharmaceutical
Location : Valley Cottage NY US 10989
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20439-MK1
Compensation : 80000.00 - 100000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 02/10/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Pharmaceutical
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Building Automation Systems Engineer providing technical manufacturing support for existing and new equipment, processes and for designing developing and introducing new processes and equipment from conception through qualification.
- Perform high level Building Automation System software and hardware troubleshooting on complex HVAC systems and subsystems including network and controllers.
- New building equipment commissioning & existing building retro commissioning.
- Fine-tuning systems through testing and evaluation procedures.
- Test and evaluate the mechanical and building automation systems of industrial buildings to ensure these systems operate as designed and constructed, and make recommendations to improve efficiency.
- Apply knowledge of control theory, automatic temperature controls, building automation systems, and other building subsystems.
- Integrate low voltage building sub-systems.
- Apply knowledge of microcontroller programming, binary and digital logic, and analog circuits.
- Supervise the installation and maintenance of building automation systems that create centralized controls for such features as a building's lighting system, heating and cooling system, and water heating system.
- Inspect, test, adjust, and balance heating, cooling, and ventilating systems in commercial and industrial buildings to achieve performance standards specified in the design of the system.
- Optimize process yield and productivity through continuous improvement programs.
- Manage pharmaceutical technical transfers including all relevant activities that need to be performed to manufacture, control and measure product quality.
- Provide technical management, integration, and development of new and existing equipment and automated processes.
- Commission new equipment using well planned, documented, and managed engineering approach to the start-up and turnover of facilities, systems, and equipment to the Production Department that results in a safe and functional environment that meets established design requirements and stakeholder expectations.
- Assist in the design of new equipment, processes, procedures and systems.
- Purchase and install new or transferred equipment.
- Arrange and lead in the overhauling of existing equipment.
- Investigate manufacturing problems to diagnose to root cause and recommend lasting solutions.
- Understand CMMS and OEE software, to help organize and assemble data and assign action items.
- Establish through calculation and analysis production capacities
- Ensure compliance with all applicable specifications, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and FDA.
Required Qualifications :
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Medical Device Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, or FDA regulated environment.
- Knowledge and experience operating under OSHA standards.
- Knowledge of or trained in Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with third-party vendors, contractors and service providers required.
- Demonstrated experience managing a biotech facility, including a combination of manufacturing, research, and office space.
- Experience scaling operations and building new space is preferred.
- Experience with CMMS - Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Experience with maintenance of manufacturing utilities, including steam, compressed air, process instrumentation, electrical, plumbing, carpentry and HVAC systems.
- Experience with SAP and MS Office.
- Thorough understanding of cleanrooms and cGMP.
- Ability to read blue prints and schematics, and to use shop tools.
- Detail oriented, rigorous, analytical, reactive, and good interpersonal skills.
- Experience with PFMEA, FAT, SAT, IQ, OQ, and PQ.
- Experience generating technical documentation for maintenance operations such as work instructions for production processes.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Contact: Monique Kleiman