Business Planning Manager
Location : Norwalk CT US 06850
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20525-BZ-MM1
Compensation : 170000.00 - 210000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 04/09/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : MS Supply Chain Management or Business Administration
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Manufacturing
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Business Planning Leader to own and manage the factory business plan from strategic to operational level.
- Oversee master planning, production planning and business engineering.
- Work closely together with the planning departments.
- Support and challenge the department managers (Assembly / Optics / Engineering / Logistics) and work closely with the Finance department.
- Responsible for Master planning and for S&OP cycles with all business lines, leading a team of 40-50 employees.
- Orchestrate the factory baseline capability plans including rigorous change control.
- Identify and manage plan constraints such as facilities, cycle-time, tools, and FTE.
- Gather and consolidate department inputs to maintain and communicate a feasible plan.
- Prepare and present scenarios for executive decision making and approval.
- Liaison with Facilities for space requirements over time (sqm / utilities).
- Responsible for Production planning.
- Own the factory Assembly and Optical Fabrication build plans.
- Manage work center planning, proactively identify and solve bottlenecks for future starts.
- Maintain demand integrity in MRP (# systems, starts - outputs).
- Set priorities for order and material releases and dispositioning.
- Liaison with the Factory Logistics team (Material Planning, Supplier management and Cleanroom logistics) for timely availability of complete kits at point of use.
- Drive transparency and improvement on cost and capability through data analytics.
- Responsible for Production norms and labor hour studies.
- Responsible for Cycle time analysis and blueprints.
- Responsible for Resource capacity modeling (CRP).
- Sparring partner for department managers to monitor key metrics and identify efficiencies and improvement opportunities.
- Liaison with Finance for budgeting cycles, norm reviews and long term capacity planning.
- Set and monitor inventory levels.
- Drive inventory reduction program with X-sector team.
Required Qualifications :
- MS in Supply Chain Management or Business Administration
- Minimum 10 years experience in international business with knowledge of planning and S&OP processes.
- Preferably a senior operational leader and/or program manager.
- Experience with decision making processes at senior stakeholder level in complex organizations.
- Expertise in operations processes in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication and network building skills on all business levels.
- Capable to bridge high level strategy to operational execution.
- Capable to initiate and lead process improvements.
- Sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Excellent people leadership skills and ability to engage, develop and motivate people.
Contact: Mark Manz