Location : Parsippany NJ US 07054
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 21074-MK1
Compensation : open - 32-40/h
Start Date : 06/15/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Supply Chain Management or Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract to permanent position for a Buyer for military and aerospace electromechanical components, machined components and metal parts.
- Evaluate and vet new sources, place and maintain purchase orders.
- Review requisitions for accuracy of requirements.
- Contact suppliers regarding status of orders, discrepancies with quantity and quality, etc.
- Manage parts shortages caused by supplier delivery delay, non-conforming material or other problems, to resolution.
- Reschedule purchase orders to meet changing customer needs.
- Process and coordinate replacement of non-conforming material.
- Coordinate with suppliers to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Resolve material certification issues, ensuring required traceability.
- Monitor metal raw materials trends and commodity pricing.
- Solicit and analyze quotes from suppliers for a wide variety of services and commodities in support of production, to required specifications
- Recommend suppliers based on cost, quality and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities
- Interface with manufacturing, engineering, quality, and management to provide timely status of products and / or problem identification and resolution.
- Prepare bid requests for proposal.
- Utilize the Company’s inventory tracking system.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Supply Chain Management or Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years procurement experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience with make-to-print machined parts, metal raw materials, castings, forgings, electro-mechanical components.
- Ability to define, manage and execute operational plans to meet strategic procurement decisions.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and negotiation skills required.
- Computer literate, with MS Office experience, proficient PCs skills, and MRP/ ERP knowledge.
- Must be a US citizen as position is with a defense contractor.
Contact: Monique Kleiman