Location : New York NY US 10001
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19392-AS1
Compensation : 130000.00 - 160000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 15
Required Education : BS Engineering, Math or Computer Science
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a CAD Director in charge of digital design technology for a civil / structural engineering firm.
- Oversee all corporate digital design activities and establish the firms overall technological vision pertaining to the planning, strategizing, training and development of (BIM) Building Information Modeling and (CAD) Computer Aided Design systems.
- Work collaboratively with executive leadership and other department heads, such as engineering, IT and marketing to develop tactical solutions that align technology with today's strategic corporate vision and changing design challenges.
- Provides the technical knowledge and expertise required to streamline operations and allow support teams to function at optimum efficiency.
- Oversee and direct BIM/CAD standards development, implementation and enforcement.
- Coordinate the deployment of new BIM/CAD version releases.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive CAD User Manuals and BIM Protocol's documentation.
- Keep up to date on all industry trends and best practices for Revit Structure and AutoCAD.
- Manage the allocation of production staff to effectively meet project schedules and deadlines.
- Establish procedures to optimize workflow and perform daily tasks productively and efficiently.
- Provide Quality Control and Quality Assurance (QA/QC) reviews of the production process.
- Develop effective, internal & external, BIM/CAD training and continuing education procedures to maintain software competency.
- Manage firm wide large format plotting and scanning operations including the evaluation and selection of new equipment as required.
- Establish procedures and monitor 1) Plotter inventory control of consumables (paper, toner, etc.) 2) Placement of service calls and preventive maintenance activities.
- Maintain and update the Typical Detail Library data as required and coordinate details between the BIM/CAD environments to ensure consistency and uniformity.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering, Math or Computer Science
- Minimum 5 years experience with CAD team management.
- Minimum 15 years BIM/CAD production experience preferably in a structural engineering organization.
- Proficient programming skills in Auto Lisp, Visual Lisp, Visual Basic for Applications and VB .net, Autocad and Revit.
Contact: Alex Salewycz