Calibration Technician, Pharma
Location : Valley Cottage NY US 10989
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20301-MK1
Compensation : 28.00 - 36.00 USD/HOUR
Start Date : 09/09/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : AAS Mechanical Engineering Technology
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Calibration Technician to oversee, coordinate, and execute equipment and facility calibrations activities in accordance with ISO 15378, 14001 and cGMP.
- Ensure the calibration status of process, inspection, measuring and test equipment at the site.
- Track calibrations and Preventative Maintenance through assigned management software.
- Communicate and coordinate with stakeholders regarding schedule and impact of calibration activities being performed.
- Coordinate calibration activities with department managers, maintenance personnel, production leads, and external vendors.
- Investigate root cause of instrument malfunction and non-conformity with SME and assess impact and risk.
- Consult suppliers of measuring instruments and calibration laboratory to help resolve issues with calibrated instruments.
- Audit calibration providers, negotiate deadlines, submit quotes and establish purchase requests.
- Create, revise, edit and validate calibration SOP's in accordance with current standards.
- May be asked to develop validation protocols for select laboratory equipment.
- Initiate and complete various types of GMP documentation such as change control, deviations, corrective and preventive actions (CAPAs), documentation revision.
Required Qualifications :
- AAS Mechanical Engineering (Bachelor's preferred).
- Military Metrology/Calibration training preferred.
- Minimum 2 years technical certification preferred.
- Minimum 2 - 5 years' experience in the design of molding and assembly of high precision plastic components.
- Minimum 4 years of related Calibration experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in equipment calibration in any of the following disciplines: Biomedical, General Purpose, Physical Dimensional, Industrial, Electrical.
- Ability to troubleshoot repair, align and optimize precision equipment.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in a cGMP environment - FDA regulated or ISO 15378 is preferred.
Contact: Monique Kleiman