Location : Clifton NJ US 07013
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 20801-BZ1
Compensation : open - 30-40/h
Start Date : 11/18/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : High School Diploma
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Medical Devices
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for a Calibration Technician to perform calibration of Inspections, Test and Measurement Equipment (ITME) and schedule calibration with vendors and ITME owners.
- Define tools and methods for calibration and oversees work to ensure that all ITME is properly calibrated.
- Train other calibration technicians.
- Work with Engineering, Quality Engineering, and outside equipment vendors, assist in defining calibration requirements. Interface with vendors to develop methods and equipment for complex situations.
- Scheduling of outside sources when needed for calibration of equipment that is not performed in-house.
- Work closely with Facilities and ITME owners to schedule and perform “off-cycle” calibration activities.
- Monitor calibration schedule to ensure necessary ITME equipment is properly calibrated in a timely manner.
- Verify and calibrate ITME in production and other test equipment throughout the facility.
- Record the results of calibrations using the designated calibration software.
- Initiate investigation of equipment found out of its designated accuracy.
- Perform troubleshooting and repair of test equipment as required.
- Train other calibration technicians within the department.
Required Qualifications :
- High school degree or equivalent required. An Associate degree and/or related certifications is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of quality assurance experience with a working knowledge of calibration procedures and practices.
- Five years of related experience in an FDA regulated industry is preferred. Medical device or pharmaceutical experience is ideal.
- Must have knowledge of metrology skills including a sound understanding dimensional tolerances and usage of precise mechanical measurement instruments.
- Must be able to read mechanical blueprints and electrical schematics, accurately apply scientific formulas, and read and maintain laboratory notebooks.
- Must demonstrate ability to be accurate and identify procedural inaccuracies and then make recommendations for improvements and effectively implement changes.
- Must demonstrate ability to work independently, make effective decisions, and resolve technical issues.
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication and be able to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work effectively in teams to achieve results.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office Products such as Word and Excel or equivalent software applications is preferred.
- Ability to operate electronic measuring equipment, such as oscilloscopes/universal counters, digital multi-meters, and function generators is preferred.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky
To search all of our 100+ jobs, please visit www.EngineeringResource.com
Please send all inquiries to BZ@EngineeringResource.com