Capital Project Engineer
Location : Louisville KY US 40202
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20877-MM1
Compensation : 130000.00 - 140000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 06/13/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 7
Required Education : BS Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Capital Project Engineer to support operations by increasing product output and quality through design modification of existing and installation of new equipment.
- Responsible for new facilities design and start-up, troubleshooting and process improvements for filtration, deodorization, bleaching, and process flow control.
- Diagnose process deficiencies and create design improvements.
- Perform process studies to identify opportunities to improve manufacturing and energy efficiency.
- Performs process modeling studies to identify improvement opportunities.
- Develops with the stake holders clear project premises, budgets scopes and detailed schedules.
- Manages project finances, with a strong control of scope, schedule deviation.
- Evaluates process schemes from operating data as needed.
- Prepares process datasheets for equipment and instrumentation.
- Updates and maintains documentation such as material balances, P&IDs and automation functional descriptions.
- Develops capital investments projects following the appropriate stage gate methodology.
- Executes capital projects managing schedule, scope and costs.
- Reports on capital projects to management and senior management regarding current activities and forecast.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering, Chemical or Mechanical preferred
- Must have manufacturing plant based work environment experience
- Minimum 7 years experience in project based engineering with a focus on capital project execution.
- Excellent understanding and ability to apply fundamentals of heat transfer, fluid transport and reaction chemistry.
- Familiarity with process simulation software applications such as Aspen or ChemCAD.
- Ability to travel approximately 15% of the time to US and foreign destinations.
Contact: Mark Manz