Chemical Engineer - Process Engineer
Location : Fair Lawn NJ US 07410
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20347-BZ1
Compensation : 100000.00 - 110000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 10/28/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Chemical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Chemical Process Engineer.
- Equipment design and specification of process vessels, decanters, pumps, compressors and mass transfer equipment including fractionation towers/internals.
- Development and simulations of separations processes.
- Responsible for PFD development with material and energy balances.
- Responsible for P&ID development.
- Specification and selection of instrumentation and controls.
- Preparation of utility balances, energy conservation schemes, hydraulic calculations and line-sizing piping specifications.
- Definition of PLC Controls logic and automated sequencing.
- Validation and equipment inspection.
- Flow sheet development.
- Prepare operating manuals.
- Project support, including module process checkouts.
- Start-up assistance and client operator training.
- Trouble-shooting and evaluation of existing systems
- Lab/pilot testing.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience.
- Experience with equipment design and specification for vessels, pumps, compressors, fractionation towers, etc.
- Experience with specification and selection of instrumentation and controls.
- Process simulation modeling skills required using.
- Experience with Aspen, Hysis or Pro II is a plus.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky