Chemical Engineer, Senior Project Engineer
Location : Livingston NJ US 07039
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 20304-AS1
Compensation : open - 45-60/h
Start Date : 09/11/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Chemical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for a Chemical Engineer to work closely with the EH&S group to drive safety in design and construction.
- Ensure that EH&S requirements are properly integrated into the scope of all projects and sets a zero incident mind-set in implementation of capital projects.
- Monitor work for compliance with applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and company standards for quality of deliverables.
- Drive effective project execution to ensure successful completion of engineering projects in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Participate in the monthly Commercialization Committee meeting and use the input to manage and schedule pilot plant activities to support the company's worldwide new product introduction process.
- Scale-up new products form laboratory methods to pilot plant production.
- Design process specifications from laboratory through to initial manufacturing start-up and may design and install pilot plant equipment, and operate pilot plant facility.
- Monitor and develop processes at Toll manufacturing locations ensuring adherence to company standards and specifications.
- Participate in development and improvement of manufacturing processes for existing and new products.
- Develops and maintains the Bill of Materials (BOMs).
- Perform material and energy balance to monitor and improve process yield.
- Perform chemical synthesis, purification, and optimization studies in order to maximize production yields.
- Provides project execution expertise to ensure on-time, in-scope, in-budget and safe delivery of project objectives and shares best practices across all regions. Develops and manages lesson learned database.
- Analyze and troubleshoot chemical manufacturing processes on a regular basis in order to reduce operating costs by improving existing process.
- Contribute to analysis of hazard operations to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Write manufacturing batch instructions, including process manual, data collection sheets, and continuous flow documentation so that trends and other pertinent information can be analyzed and evaluated.
- Performs all other duties and special projects as assigned.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Chemical Engineering, MS Chemical Engineering highly desired.
- Minimum 10 years of process and project engineering management experience in chemical manufacturing environment.
- Experience with material and energy balances.
- Experience with process hazard analyses.
- Experience with process scale-up.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team that can engineer, build, and operate specialty chemical plants and work with R&D to scale up products from inception to commercialization.
- Travel estimated at 20-25% both domestic and international Asia.
- Must be able to climb, wear and use respirator in chemical plants.
Contact: Alex Salewycz