Chemical Engineer, Technology Specialist
Location : South Houston TX US 77587
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20172-TX-JF-MM1
Start Date : 03/18/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 15
Required Education : BS Chemical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Chemical
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Chemical Engineer to work as Chief Technology Specialist for hydrocarbon technologies.
- Leads technology innovations from concept through commercialization.
- Influences change or direction that significantly expands the company's market share or leads to a new technology.
- Interacts with customers and industry groups and brings extensive external recognition to catalyst technology.
- Generate new business opportunities and most-favored company status.
- Responsible for technical content and identification of technical risk for all proposals within a technology.
- Participates in helping to establish commercial strategy in specific technology areas.
- Provides support to Business Development Managers via development of presentations and preparation of papers.
- Reviews and approves critical project design documents for projects falling within their respective technology area.
- Uses diverse approaches to develop criteria for making high quality decisions in the absence of a definitive framework.
- Responsible for technology design guides, tools and technology design basis for all aspects of the Basic Engineering Package.
- Uses, promotes and advances the principles of Quality as an integral part of the work process.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Chemical Engineering, MS degree preferred
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Ability to travel at least 40% of the time, both domestically and internationally.
- Recognized as a strong industry leader with meaningful client contacts.
- Recognized internally and externally by peers and others for knowledge and advancement of technology in their area of expertise.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of competing technologies.
- Demonstrated field experience and trouble-shooting skills required.
- Has track record of success in creative solutions to critical problems in area of specialty or across technologies.
- Demonstrated leadership in cross functional teams.
- Publishing, presentation, and patent record leading to external recognition.
SALARY BASED ON EXPERIENCE
Contact: Mark Manz