Location : Elizabeth NJ US 07201
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19769-MM1
Compensation : 100000.00 - 120000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 04/23/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Chemical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Manufacturing
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Chemical Project Engineer to provide technical support to the manufacturing facility.
- Developing and executing projects involving improvements in safety, energy efficiency, increases in production capacity, improvements in product quality, design and installation of new equipment and maintaining and creating standard operating procedures.
- Key team member of the owner's project execution team, in some cases leading the implementation of smaller projects and for larger projects, coordinating process design activities performed by engineering contractors.
- Diagnoses process deficiencies, and create design improvements.
- Perform process studies to identify manufacturing and energy efficiency improvement opportunities.
- Develops with the stake holders clear project premises, budgets scopes and detailed schedules
- Manages project finances, with a strong control of scope, schedule deviation
- Evaluates process schemes from operating data as needed
- Prepares process datasheets for equipment and instrumentation
- Updates and maintains documentation such as material balances, P&IDs and automation functional descriptions.
- Develops capital investments projects following the appropriate stage gate methodology
- Executes capital projects managing schedule, scope and costs.
- Reports on capital projects to management and senior management regarding current activities and forecast
Required Qualifications :
- BS Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years experience in project based engineering with a focus on capital project execution
- Experience with heat and mass balances, fluid transport and reaction chemistry.
- Ability to travel approximately 15% of the time to US and foreign destinations.
Contact: Mark Manz