Chemical Process Engineer
Location : Vandola VA US 24541
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19664-AS1
Compensation : 95000.00 - 110000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 7
Required Education : BS Chemical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Chemical Process Engineer for chemical production operations.
- Optimize core products-improving cycle time, efficiency and throughput.
- Maintain, streamline and improve manufacturing procedures and documentation.
- Routinely train and refresh operators on procedures and best practices.
- Create and maintain data, charts, and reports for all products to increase awareness and visibility.
- Use Six Sigma methods to improve efficiency and yield.
- Successfully execute customer trials in the plant.
- Work closely with Applications Engineer to insure a successful technology transfer.
- Operate all equipment related to customer trials including reactors, dryers, centrifuges, filter presses, pumps, mills, etc.
- Expertly navigate DCS system.
- Provide data and feedback to applications engineer.
- Assist Shift Supervisor in completing associated paperwork.
- Participate in project/product post campaign review to identify successes and opportunities for improvement.
- Work with maintenance to overcome setup issues.
- Assist in tracking plant performance utilizing Lean Six Sigma tools.
- Fill-in Shift Supervisor as needed.
Required Qualifications :
- BS or MS Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 7 years experience as a Chemical Process Engineer in a chemical production facility.
- Experience with Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
- Experience with DCS (distributed control systems).
- Experience with ISO compliance and standards.
Contact: Alex Salewycz
Date Posted: 1/14/19